GSP up for Review
The Office of the United States Trade Representative announced on March 2, 2020, regarding products and countries eligible for preference treatment under the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) annual review. The attached notice includes articles and countries that are under review. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2020-03-02/pdf/2020-04220.pdf
- List I identifies articles which will be removed from eligibility due to import volumes exceeding the 2019 competitive needs limit unless successfully petitioned
- List II identifies articles which will be granted a de minimis waiver and be eligible unless successfully petitioned
- List III identifies articles from select beneficiary countries which may be predesignated and be eligible if successfully petitioned
- List IV identifies articles which will lose a current de minimis waiver and lose eligibility unless successfully petitioned
- Interested parties may also submit petitions for inclusion or exclusion of specific products and beneficiary countries.
The deadline for submissions to modify the GSP status is set for March 26, 2020. For further information as to how this will impact your import program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.